Thursday, April 23, 2009

Morningside Retirement Community




This past weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to show around a wonderful couple from California. They are considering moving to Franklin Tn because their grandson and his family have gotten a job here. They wanted to stay in Franklin and of course with the market the way it is there were MANY Franklin TN homes for sale. I feel like I know the area inside and out and felt like I have a good knowledge of where we could find some one level ranch homes with smaller yards and less to take care of.

Up until this point, I had never really done research on any of the retirement communities around this area. I thought I was prepared but the first thing they asked was "Where do the old people live?". I was sort of at a loss for a minute but then I realized that there was a neighborhood that I used to run in called "Morningside" and it was right in the heart of Franklin TN! I remembered that there was a nice clubhouse at the entrance and that clubhouse ended up being a very active community center. I thought to myself "BINGO" (pun intended) and sure enough when we got there it was like Disneyland for retired people!

I was so impressed! I wanted to call my own parents who aren't quite retired and tell them to go ahead and move in. This neighborhood was right under my nose here in Franklin the whole time and I didn't even know it. There was so much going on here. They had a big activity center with two pools and there were always things to do during the day and even at night!!( I sound a little too excited ) It was sort of like living on a college campus without the classes or the pranks.

The units were something that could be purchased and were 100% one level living. Some of the newer homes had stainless steel appliances with hardwood flooring, tile, and carpet. By the time we had walked through the community I was thinking "I WOULD LIVE HERE!". I have always thought of assisted living and retirement communities as something that would not be desirable but necessary. I was wrong. I have actually done some research into more homes like that for sale throughout the Nashville area. I hope I get more retired clients in the future!

Stephen Strickhausen
Keller WIlliams Realty
www.NashvilleTNMLSSearch.com


Disclaimer:
Franklin TN Homes for Sale, Nashville TN Real Estate for Sale, Property in Brentwood TN, Franklin TN Real Estate, Franklin TN Realtor, Franklin TN MLS search, Nashville TN MLS search, Green Hills TN Properties for sale, Spring Hill TN Homes for sale, Belle Meade, Middle Tennessee, Music City, Stephen Strickhausen, and Keller Williams do not necessarily reflect any of the views or beliefs held by Google or it’s employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment