Monday, May 4, 2009

Buyers should be cautious of Realtors who cannot negotiate

I have been doing Real Estate in Franklin Tn for only a few years now. One of my favorite things about my job is negotiating! Until last week I thought that negotiating on behalf of my clients was the norm...

I was at my office with a client sending over an accepted offer in the McKays Mill subdivision. We negotiated a $40,000 price reduction and had the sellers pay closing costs and title etc. While I was faxing over the accepted offer, I pulled all the numbers in the MLS showing all the homes that have sold since January. I let my client look them over and when I stepped back into the room he was as excited as could be.

I looked over everything and realized that the "norm" was not much. The list prices and sold prices were anywhere from $3,000 to $10,000. This was close to 30 homes! I couldn't believe my eyes. He then told me that his last Realtor wouldn't even submit offers because he didn't want to "insult the sellers". Do I really care about insulting a seller? NO! I care about my clients getting the BEST POSSIBLE DEAL! The last client I had bought a house that originally listed for $302,000 and we got it for $227,000 with all closing and title paid by the seller. Now THAT is the norm.

BUYERS BEWARE OF THE "CHICKEN" AGENT!!

Stephen Strickhausen
Keller Williams Realty
www.NashvilleTNMLSsearch.com
www.FranklinTNHomeSales.com

No comments:

Post a Comment