Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Your Nashville MLS search. How much do you know?

Today I took a class at our regional MLS headquarters in Nashville. I didn't really NEED to take the class but it was an elective for a part of our mandatory continual education. I thought this class was going to be a breeze and uninformative. Sure it was a breeze but I was WRONG on the information I thought I was going to get.

I have been using "Realtracs" (Tennesee's MLS search) for two years and felt as if I knew the system pretty well. Of course I can do basic home searches and even very detailed ones but this can do SO MUCH MORE. This system is like those of us that have Blackberrys. Palms, and IPhones but only make and receive calls. Every once in a while we check email, send text, and maybe check the weather forecast but the day that someone sits down with us and says "Let me show you what all this thing can do" is when your world gets turned upside down! You wonder "Why the heck have I not REALLY been using this thing?". That was the light bulb that went off in my head this afternoon.

In addition to using using the system, I was introduced to a program called JingProject. Basically what it does is take screens shots of your computer and saves them as a file. Once you have done that you can add arrows and even text. So how would this be helpful? Let's say you have a client looking to buy a home close to a certain hospital. You can do your MLS search and pull up your map of the area. From there you can take a screen shot of the map, draw an arrow to the subject hospital and write "Hospital". Then you can send the screen shot as an attachment in an email! There are many other helpful ways this tool can be used.

Most MLS systems offer FREE classes. If you want to be a better agent and more useful to your clients (BUYERS AND SELLERS) then go get caught up on all the latest gadgets etc.

Stephen Strickhausen
Keller Williams Realty
9175 Carothers Pky Suite 110
615-778-1818
Sstrickhausen@gmail.com
Sstrickhausen.com









Disclaimer:
Franklin Homes for Sale, Nashville homes for Sale, Property in Brentwood TN, Franklin TN Real Estate, Franklin TN Realtor, Franklin MLS search, Nashville MLS search, Green Hills TN Properties for sale, Spring Hill TN Homes for sale, Belle Meade, Middle Tennessee, Music City, Stephen Strickhausen, and Keller Williams do not necessarily reflect any of the views or beliefs held by Google or it’s employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment