Monday, June 1, 2009

Craigslist and the MLS search.


I am a Realtor with Keller Williams Realty in Franklin TN. OF COURSE I use the MLS to list all homes for my sellers. The Nashville MLS is a GREAT tool and a no-brainer when it comes to giving a listing exposure. This exposure naturally targets other Realtors with buyers. In addition, buyers are learning more and more how to use the public MLS system for their particular area.

On the flip side, many buyers and renters are turning to Craigslist more and more. In fact, the last 2 rentals I had on the MLS were ALSO posted on Craigslist and BOTH rentals got their renters from Craigslist...NOT the MLS. To make it even sweet, I got ALL my calls from Craigslist. Not one of them came from another Realtor on the MLS.

I have also found similar success with listing a home. I have gotten extra traffic and calls from Craigslist. This is a FREE service and that extra call or email could just be the one.

A few things you may want to remember:

1. Post weekly. The ads fall down the line and less likely to be seen by potential buyers/renters

2. Put as many pics as you can. I believe you are allowed only 4 BUT you can get creative and have a two pictures in one.

3. Be descriptive like you would your listing in the MLS. (Room dimensions and amenities would not hurt)

4. If you are an agent you MUST put all of your office contact information (I got in trouble for this once)

Obviously Craigslist does not replace the MLS but it is just one more avenue for potential buyers and renters to be looking. I literally place my listings on every site I can think of including Myspace, Twitter, Active Rain, and Facebook. You never know who is watching.

Stephen Strickhausen
Keller Williams Realty
www.nashvilletnmlssearch.com
www.sstrickhausen.com











Disclaimer:
Franklin TN Homes for Sale, Nashville TN Real Estate for Sale, Property in Brentwood TN, Franklin TN Real Estate, Franklin TN Realtor, Franklin TN MLS search, Nashville TN MLS search, Green Hills TN Properties for sale, Spring Hill TN Homes for sale, Belle Meade, Middle Tennessee, Music City, Stephen Strickhausen, and Keller Williams do not necessarily reflect any of the views or beliefs held by Google or it’s employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment